Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Training Lite

My training is nothing like five years ago- I was a swimming machine then.  This time it's more like, well I'll do a few yards and get out... but seriously, I'm doing ok considering I just returned to the pool in early March.  Last week was a down week, but this week I seem to have energy again.  Felt some strains in one leg and in my arm. But my goal this time is not to win the race but to take my time and enjoy the scenery along the way.  I want to be able to admire the hawksbill turtles and parrotfish and barracudas instead of flying past them.  I can do some breaststroke instead of freestyle part of the time and be able to look at the beaches and hillsides and pelicans and boobies and frigatebirds.  How often does one have kayak support nearby to wait on me hand and foot if I need them.  But then there's my competitive side that kicks in.... I always want to race the other swimmers in the pool and pass them to put them in their place especially if they get in my lane.  What a bitch swimmer.

No comments: