Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Wed. Apr. 5

Feeling much better- did 4500 yd. Went easy on the warm up, stretched first, did lots of kicking, 1000 yd. Then did the mile, took 29 min. I was trying to modify my stretch and not reach so far, seemed to help. At first it hurt a little when right arm did recovery, but that went away. After a mile, I did 500, 400, 300, 200, 100, then 300 kick.

I'd advertised the swim event for the Friends of the VI NP on the USMS discussion forums, and got one response from someone known as "Swimgrrl" who says she plans to come to do the swim! Glad to get a recruit. I wish I were raising money somehow to donate to the Friends, because they do good work in conservation on St. John. I'm not much of a money collector, and I'd just hit friends up for the Worldwide Swim for Malaria. At least they'll have my entry fee.

No comments: